Collage

Collage

Friday, June 24, 2011

Scheduling

It seems that with all of the weird weather we've been having (extreme heat, rain, thunder storms, cloudy, etc) coupled with more daylight and graduation party season, we've been busier than ever. I'm not complaining, I love that we spend lots of time with our friends. Also my brother's girlfriend was in own this week, so we got to spend lots of time with them. But my knitting has started to suffer, so I finally decided to start a schedule. Not actually scheduling my knitting into my day (but if it comes to that I will!) but going through and figuring out the bare minimum I need to go on each project in order to get it finished by a certain day. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I enjoy doing this. I think I will try it again in July and see how it works over the course of a full month rather than 2 weeks.

Even though I haven't been knitting very much, I have still made some progress. My Boneyarn shawl is 2/3 done and I'm fairly certain I will finish by the end of the month (Multnomah, here we come!). It doesn't look that different from the last time I took a picture, but if you want to see my progress page its here. I have two newer projects I've been working on as well. The first is a scarf, specifically a Gryffindor scarf. Here's a pic:
Sorry for the somewhat dark pictures. We've been having lots of cloudy and rainy weather lately and I finally just decided to take the pics anyway. I bought this yarn specifically for this project several years ago. The intended recipient has kind of outgrown the idea of this scarf, but I never thought of anything better to do with the yarn, so I've decided to make the scarf and sell it on Etsy. If you've never been on Etsy before, only click the link if you have hours to troll through the beautiful handmade items over there!

The other project I've been working on is the first of (hopefully) four towels I will be giving as a wedding gift in August. This project has been planned for a while but I kind of forgot about them while I worked away on other things. I'm probably going to have a dish cloth in progress form now to the wedding to try and get them done on time! Here's where I'm at with the first one:

Its coming along faster than the last time I made these. I really hope I can finish in time without completely ruining myself for these towels, because I really want some for my kitchen!

No comments: