Collage

Collage

Friday, August 12, 2011

Knitting progress (with proof!)

I've been really bad about taking pictures. Well, to be honest I'm always bad about taking pictures. I blame it on the fact that my mother is a photographer... I've never needed to worry about taking them! I also definitely did not inherit her photo taking skills. But knitting is one area of my life that I feel strongly about taking pictures of, so here's what I've been working on!

First up is a finished object. This is the first of two towels that I will be giving some good friends for their wedding at the end of the month.
Please excuse the completely wrong time stamp on all these pictures. The batteries must have been taken out at some point and I didn't realize it when I was taking them.

Here is the second towel, about 40% done.

Its hard to get an idea of the green, because it shows up a bit funny in the pictures, but I really like these two colors. I also really like this project. I made both of them out of Knit Picks CotLin yarn, which I'm a pretty big fan of as well. I plan on making (designing?) some washcloths to make with this stuff at a later date.

Lastly, I'm still working on the Gryffindor House scarf. This project is mt mindless knitting, so I take it in the car or pick it up when I am watching TV.

The other projects that are still on the needles haven't been touched in a while, so I didn't photograph them. I plan on working on my brother's vest regularly (at least once a week) come September to finish it by Christmas. My socks are... sitting. I haven't decided what to do with them yet. And I've got a couple projects just waiting to be cast on, but more about those later!

No comments: