Collage

Collage

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

22.5 degrees

I finished my first Camp Loopy project! The challenge was to make something by a designer who was not from the same country as you, and it also needed to be 400 yards. After much pattern searching I kept coming back to this simple but elegant pattern by Martina Behm, which you can find here. I ordered some Colinette Jitterbug from the Loopy Ewe in the Caramel colorway.  Not my typical colors, but I like it. I omitted the scalloped edging because I knew I was going to be close on yarn. Instead I weighed my skein every 5 minutes until I was sure I wasn't going to get another row out of it, then bound off.


I really like how it came out! I used up all but a foot of the yarn, so I call that a success. I even photographed myself wearing it (it was a little warm since it was about 78, but much cooler than it has been!)


In other news, lots of little projects are underway at the house. The window installation is coming to a close, the garden is (finally) planted, the herbs in their planters are flourishing, and my hammock is going to be put up this week! I'll try to take some photos, but lets me honest, I'll probably forget ;)

No comments: