Collage

Collage

Sunday, July 10, 2011

WIP update

I finally got to take some pictures of the projects I've been working on. First up: my finished Boneyard shawl. I really loved knitting this shawl and I think it might be made for a few people as gifts soon! It worked up fairly quickly and I really loved the yarn I chose as well.




Boneyard shawl by Stephen West, knit in Knit Picks Gloss DK

Next up is a project that I've been working on a lot lately. Its the last shawl for my OWL for the HPKCHC. Its my least favorite shawl of the three, but I still like it ok. I think part of it is the fingering weight yarn. I have discovered I really like the thicker yarns! Still, this is a nice pattern and I'm coming along on it.

Sorry for the blurry picture. I didn't realize how bad it was until I pasted it in here! But you get the picture. I'm almost ready to start the feather and fan repeats.

Last but not least, the most recent project I have started. This is just a pair of plain vanilla socks using the Sunshine Yarns Twist yarn in the Snape colorway. I have loved Dani's yarns for a while, and I'm really excited to be making socks out of it!

These are some of my favorite colors, so that doesn't hurt either! I realize that I am a very slow knitter (especially socks!) so I might have a plan to make sure I can turn these in for homework. More on that as the end of the month gets closer :)

No comments: