Collage

Collage

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Getting a handle on things

I've felt like my knitting life has been very rushed lately. I feel like I'm always down to a deadline and having to neglect projects to finish others, only to end up rushing on those neglected projects. I think part of this is due to bad planning, part of it due to me not managing my time well. I realized that this is starting to change. My mindset is changing and instead of casting on new things and making plans for who I can knit for next, I'm focused on finishing projects I've already started. I'm not knitting personalized Christmas gifts this year (though I may knit several of the same SMALL thing for a few people, undecided on that yet). I'm only knitting for people who I know will appreciate it and use what I am knitting for them.

I know a lot of this seems like common sense, but its taken me a while to get here. That said, here's what my knitting will look like through the end of the year. By this weekend I'll finish and gift a shawl to my Mother in Law (Bonnie's Shawl). That leaves me to finish my OWL (30 mini socks) and Zach's blanket by the end of the month, which I think I can do. I'll also be casting on and finishing a small baby item in that time (probably this) for a baby shower for my cousin in early December. As I finish these items I'll work on (in this order): my small Christmas items if I decide to do them, my brother's vest, a cowl for my brother's girlfriend (this I will have to start and finish, but its for her birthday in January), and the ever neglected invisibility scarf. If you're paying attention, that finishes all my current WIPs.

Its a big task, but I think I'm up for the challenge. All of these WIPs are at 20% or more, and I'm the type of knitter who needs to have a few things going at the same time, so I think its going to work!

Speaking of planning, I'm already making big plans for 2012. Stay tuned!

No comments: