Collage

Collage

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Good Yarn

First, a picture of an FO, my Bonnie's Shawl that I made for my mother in law.


Yes, the dog sneaked into the photo when I wasn't paying attention. And its not a great photo because its been very rainy and overcast here, so I have to use a flash. Nevertheless, its done and I hope to give it to her this week.


I also have a book review for you! I've been working hard to do more fun reading in my free time, and the most recent book I finished was A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber. I was hesitant to start this series because I'm not a romance novel fan and I think many of Debbie Macomber's books are romance-y. But this had ot do with knitting, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I had read the first book in the series last year sometime, and I reread it before starting this one to refresh my memory. The series so far has a nice story line; not too predictable or crazy, with characters that are easy to relate to and likeable. Its definitely not heavy reading, but its nice to sit down and read when you feel like a nice story. I enjoyed that she brought back some of the main characters from the last book and integrated them into the story. The only comment that might be considered negative that I have is that the story always ends nicely tied up. Almost everyone gets their happy ending, and while that is nice for the story it does leave me feeling a little cheated. Overall I'd give it 4 starts out of 5.

No comments: