Collage

Collage

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cleaning, organizing, and newness

I mentioned in an earlier post that the HPKCHC is on an "off month". Instead of doing regularly scheduled crafting activities, there are quite a few optional things to participate in. One being offered this month is "Cleaning the castle with Filch". Its all about organizing your physical craft space and stash, weeding and organizing (tagging) your Ravelry queue and favorites, and lastly making a crafting schedule for yourself with projects for the next 12 months.

I thought this was a great idea for me to do, especially since we just moved and I hadn't really unpacked my yarn. Here's a picture of all my yarn:

There actually is less here than I thought there would be. Its been nice going through my yarns, re-finding ones I'd forgotten about, and organizing them. I've also been making sure my stash in Ravelry is updated. About 75% or my yarn has been in there, but there were some random and/or recent purchases that weren't.

I've already organized my favorites and queue. This wasn't too hard because my queue is only the things I'm really planning on making. Usually this means I already have the yarn for the project. My new goal is to curb my yarn buying. I only want to buy yarn for projects that I know I'm going to make, preferably in the next few months. Hopefully I finish going through all my yarn today and I can post pics tomorrow!

No comments: