Collage

Collage

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mushrooms Abound!

You may notice a trend here... the last two food post I have done both involve mushrooms. Mr. Handcraftedsnippets LOVES mushrooms, which is a big deal because he wont eat most fruits and vegetables. Tonight's meal: Mushrooms lasagna and roasted asparagus.

I started by mixing the part skim ricotta with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. I also threw in some seasonings and stirred it up. Mushrooms got sliced, and I had my no-biol lasagna noodles at the ready (the recipe called for whole wheat, but I couldn't find them, so I just went with regular.)


From there you build your lasagna, layering noodles, cheese mixture, and mushrooms. I did an extra layer of mushrooms than the recipe called for, and I still had leftovers. You'll see them in a minute :)

I did a final sprinkling of the shredded cheeses and it was ready to bake. My lasagna was huge, so I made sure to spray the foil before I put it on top, and I was glad I did. All of my top cheese layer would have come off! It bakes for half an hour at 350, then for 15 minutes at 425, then another 15 with the foil off. Perfection!


Our side was roasted asparagus, and I threw the extra sliced mushrooms on the pan as well. They were delicious. The hubs has requested that we roast mushrooms every time we eat them now. I highly recommend it! The portions are plenty big- I couldn't even finish mine.The hubs, however, had the rest of mine, and two of his own. What can I say? He likes mushrooms :)



No comments: