Collage

Collage

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stalemate

I feel like I'm in a bit of a stalemate as far as crafting goes. I mentioned two posts down about the fiber I'm currently spinning. I had originally split it into thirds, and the first third spun up beautifully. Since its my first real fiber to work with I did still drop the spindle a few times when my fiber broke, but all in all it was awesome to work with. I got it wound off and started the second third. It could not have been a more different experience! I don't know if its me, the fiber, the spindle, or what, but I'm having a really hard time spinning the fiber. First I thought I was just tired the first night I was working on it, so I packed it up. The second time I wondered if maybe it made a difference which end of the fiber I worked with, so the next time it broke I tried starting from the other end. When that didn't help I thought maybe this chunk was too think, so I split it again. Nothing seems to be helping. I set it aside to work on some knitting projects and I think I'll try again tomorrow.

In other news, I finished my swap handmade items just in time for shipping next week. I don't want to say too much about it, but the box is just about complete. I may try to pick up one or two small things to throw in there. I feel bad cause its no very Harry Potter themed, and it is a Harry Potter themed swap, but we had a minor issue with the account/card we usually use to buy stuff online, and so a lot of the items got bought locally and I didn't find anything HP. Hopefully my partner likes it anyway!

I'm still plugging away at my shawl design. I'm doing the scarf version, and I'm really liking how it is knitting up. The yarn isn't the softest thing in the world, but I think after a good soak and blocking it will be fine. Other than that, I'm working away on my Order Mission scarf and my OWL stocking. The stocking is going to be my main focus for the rest of the weekend I had set it aside when I messed up part of the color work a few rows back, so I need to get that back on track. With any luck I'll have it finished by next weekend!

No comments: