Collage

Collage

Monday, February 27, 2012

Thank Goodness for Leap Day

I get one extra day to knit!

I'm furiously working on items that I want to have finished by the end of the month. Today during my lunch break I finally found time to photograph my current works in progress, so here they are!

First up, my shawl design:
This hasn't gotten a ton of love lately. I knew I wasn't going to finish it by the end of the month, and my goal is to have the pattern released in March, so I'm aiming for it to be finished then. The yarn is Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in the Walnut colorway. It was my first time using this yarn and I'm fairly happy with it. It can be a bit rough, but I'm betting after a good soak and block it will soften way up :)


Next is my Lack Baktus:

This isn't the greatest photo (and its a few days old) but you get the idea. I have just started the decreases, so I'm just over halfway finished. The yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Hand Painted in the Make Believe colorway. I loved the colors and knew I would need something simple to show them off :)

Now the big one! The first of two color work stockings. 
This one will be mine I think, since the argyle section is a little tight. You can see the actual knitting is finished, and that I have started the duplicate stitching. The yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in the Hollyberry, Jalapeno, and White colorways. This is my OWL and NEEDS to be done by the end of the month! I think with some dedication to that duplicate stitch I'll make it. Time to start the knitting for the second right away!

This next item has been sitting in this state for a few weeks now. This is the Baby Bunny that I made for my cousins son, who was born a few weeks ago now. I knew I wouldn't see him for a week or so after he was born, and the hubs has been sick, but now I really need to finish it so I can deliver it and meet the little guy!
The yarn is Jo-Ann Sensations Dolcetto in the Lime colorway, which is now discontinued. It is SO soft and perfect for this project!

Last, but most definitely not least, is my brother's teaching vest.
This thing has taken me forever. I lost my pattern (with all my crucial notes) which delayed this for several weeks. All that is left is to sew up the side seams and knit ribbing around the arm holes. My brother has been not-so-patiently waiting for this vest! I'd like to get it to him while he can still wear it in the cooler weather. The yarn is Knit Picks Comfy Worsted

As you can see, I have my work cut out for me! We'll see just how much I get done by the end of the day on Wednesday.

No comments: