Collage

Collage

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to school, back to school

That's right, it is back to school for me as of yesterday. I think I may have mentioned before that I am a few classes short of my Bachelors degree, and have decided that there's no time like the present to finish the darn thing up! School prep took up a good amount of time, plus we had our annual end-of-summer roast on Saturday, so it was a busy weekend in mi casa.

Some fun things have been going on, however. Thing number one is spinning! I haven't spun in a few months- time got tight and I had some deadline knitting that needed to get finished up, so now that almost all of that is done I decided to get working on my spindle again. I also plan to attend a few fiber festivals this year, and I would have a hard time justifying fiber purchases if I hadn't spun in months. No guilt now!


The fiber that is pictured is all that I have left of the teal Corriedale that has been on the spindle FOREVER. Its spinning up pretty thin, and I'm hoping to finish spinning and ply in in the next few weeks.

The other thing the hubs and I did last night was make breakfast burritos. This is an hour long process, because we make a bunch at a time and freeze them so we can have a quick breakfast in the morning. Last night we had pork breakfast sausage, bacon, mozzarella cheese, colby jack cheese, salsa, black beans, hot sauce, green enchilada sauce, and eggs to chose from. We pick and chose which items to add to each burrito. We were obviously feeling the Southwestern flair last night ;) They turned out great! I didn't take any progress photos, but maybe one of these mornings when I eat one I can remember to snap a pic.

No comments: