Collage

Collage

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April is a time for reading

I have big plans for April. Like the title says, I plan on catching up on some reading. I'll be finishing up Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which I've been listening to on my iPod. I decided to kill two birds with one stone and got Harry Potter y la piedra filosifal (which the first Harry Potter book in Spanish for you non-Spanish speaking folks!) It will probably be some slow going, as my Spanish has gotten a little jumbled over the past few years, but I think it will be fun. I also want to pick something off of my "to read" list on librarything.com to start in April.

I also have big plans for knitting! Surprise surprise :) Actually, a lot of my plans are finishing things up, not starting new. My first priority is finishing my brother's vest. Its 98% done! I starting sewing the last side seam last night, and I think another TV episode will do it. There are a few ends to weave in then it just needs a good bath. He'll be home for Easter so I can give it to him then. Second priority is finishing my self-designed shawl/scarf and releasing the pattern. I'm about halfway done right now, but its a relatively quick knit that I can work on while watching TV or podcasts, so I'm hoping its a reasonable goal to want to have photos for the pattern by the end of the month. I'm still working on spinning the rest of the teal Corriedale I've been working on for about a month now. I'd like to finish that by the end of the month so my spindle is ready for May- spinning for classes! The only new thing I have cast on is a pair of self striping socks. I am LOVING working on these. They're quick, cute and mindless! I'm really hoping to bang out several pair of socks this year :)

No comments: