Collage

Collage

Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Little Bit of Everything

This post is going to be all over the place, so we'll start with knitting! I have been doing a good amount of knitting. Still plugging away on my shawl design, I'm 31 points out of 48 and once I hit 39 I start decreasing, so definitely doable by the end of the month. I finished a baby hat for my friends expecting in July a few days ago, but here's a photo:

I think it turned out really cute! Perfect for either a little boy or a little girl. I have a small ball of yarn left so I may try to get a pair of baby socks out of the same yarn. We'll see!

The other item I worked on is kind of odd... I didn't really use a pattern and... wait for it... its crochet. I know, those of you who know me well just fell on the floor. Its not that I don't crochet, per say, but I'm just really bad at it :) Anyway, I made this bath pouf and it turned out pretty well! I have a few adjustments I think I will try next time, but overall I was pretty proud of myself.


If they turn out well and wear well I may start selling them in my Etsy shop (that has yet to be used for anything but a place holder!)

I'm also still working away on my stripey socks, but I haven;t been working too hard because I want to save them for my little roadtrip coming up! More on that later :)

Next up is some food! The hubs and I made dinner together last night, which was "make your own pizza" night! It was fun and we can't help but have a little competition :)


My "California bbq chicken" pizza is on the left, while the hubs "crazy meat concoction" is on the right. His pizza ended up becoming a calzone as he had too many ingredients and not enough crust ;) I tried to take a photo of a slice of my pizza but for some reason it turned out really horrible. Here it is anyway!


I can;t speak for the hub's ingredients because, honestly, he had a lot of them and I think he put more on than what I saw! But my pizza consisted of a light spreading of bbq sauce, broccoli, spinach, chopped chicken patties, Parmesan cheese, black olives, mozzarella cheese, and pizza seasonings. After it baked I added some sliced of avocado. Yum!

I highly recommend this kind of thing for a date night! We had a blast in the kitchen and its much cheaper than going out for a nice meal or going to a movie.

Lastly, we got our bikes out this week! Back a few weeks ago we pulled them out when it was really nice, but since then the weather has gone back to being 40 and rainy :( But this week I was determined (I have not been doing so hot in my biggest loser competition at work) so we pulled them out and went for a cold 2 mile ride. It was nice, but I can't wait for the weather to get nicer again!

No comments: