Collage

Collage

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Meatless Monday

We don't always do meatless Mondays in our house, but I find they go over much better if I don't announce that is what I am doing to the hubs. If I serve up a warm, yummy meal that makes him go back for seconds, and it just happens to be meat free? Score one for me :)

Last night I revisited a recipe I have made before after seeing it on another blog. Its Ina Garten's Portobello Mushroom lasagna, and it is fantastic. I made a few small changes like using no boil noodles (time and hassle saver!) and sprinkling some cheese in between layers and on the top of the lasagna for the last few minutes of cooking. The verdict?


Amazing :) I served it with roasted asparagus and cauliflower, both also delicious. I think this will be put into the "usual" rotation because it went over so well and was relatively cheap to make, especially for a lasagna. I'm SO looking forward to leftovers!

2 comments:

vampire_wolf said...

:) Glad to hear it! I should try this recipe...

Kanobles said...

It was really good. I'm tempted to try with a healthier option for the noodles, maybe sliced zucchini or something :)