Collage

Collage

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Steak & Stein

Saturday night the hubs and I ate out at Steak and Stein, which was right near our hotel and offered a 10% discount for people staying at our hotel. I'm really glad we decided to eat here out of all the options in the area!

Their menu is simple, but has enough options for most people. We got bread and butter at our table while we ordered, which was tasty and fresh. No photo because, well, it was 8pm and we were starving and wolfed it down before I thought to take a photo :)

Next we ordered stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer, a favorite of ours.
Honestly, these were probably our least favorite part of the meal. The breading was very lemony and almost sweet tasting, and there was a lot of it. I ate two and just didn't eat a lot of the breading with the mushroom, but the hubs was not a big fan. I think it was just that we are used to them prepared differently. However the rice that is in the middle of the plate? Amazing!

Next we had salads.


They have a salad bar that comes with all entres, and we were so stoked! I love getting to build your own salad and they had a great selection. I had lettuce (yeah its buried!) tomatoes, feta cheese, onion, dried cranberries, croutons, a hard boiled egg, and creamy italian dressing. YUM!

Lastly was the entres. Holy mammoth portions, Batman!


The near plate is mine, with my huge filet mignon. I have never seen one this large before! Its a little hard to tell the size from this photo, but it was easily as big as my hand! The plate of fries also came with my steak. Beyond that is the hub's prime rib and sea scallops. The prime rib was also huge! He ordered mashed potatoes, which you can barely see on the edge of the photo.

We were way too stuffed to order dessert, but if it was anything like the rest of our meal I'm sure it would have been good. If you are in the New Windsor/Newburgh area, give the Steak and Stein a try! Our waitress was very attentive and we really enjoyed our meal.

No comments: