Collage

Collage

Saturday, December 29, 2012

I just wanna eat sweets...

Darn all those treats I've been snacking on for the past two weeks. They've ruined me for real food! I have no desire to put the energy into finding real food to combine into real meals- I just want to find a big tin of cookies, or a platter of brownies, or a big piece of whatever-you've-got-there, and just fall in.

But hey, this is a real world, and we cannot survive on sugar alone. Since the weather is actually deciding to be winter out there and I don't feel like venturing to the store, I'm trying to find recipes that use what we already have in the pantry, freezer, and fridge. Every once in a while I think it is important to deny yourself a shopping trip for a week and search out those forgotten about items that lurk in your freezer or pantry. You might end up with some odd combinations, but sometimes you discover a great new favorite!

Here are a couple things I have come across that I am considering:

If you have stuff on hand for regular pancakes, chances are you can whip up this fancier version! These would make a great lazy weekend breakfast or a fun dinner.

I feel like these would be great to use up extra meat and veggies from other meals. You could even use leftover fried rice for an asian flair!

We have some pork in the freezer and this just looks yummy. Serves with some rice and a vegetable, you've got a good looking meal there!

I've had a beef pot roast in my freezer for a few months now, and I think this might just be the recipe for it!

What do you make when you can't make it to the grocery store?

1 comment:

B@gfmc said...

Thanks Kim for tempting me with more yummy treats. I need to lose this weight not gain! ha ha