Collage

Collage

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Refrigerator Rice

I'm pretty sure I have mentioned this dish before on my blog, but its such a staple in my diet (and I had a slightly different version for lunch yesterday) that I thought it was worth repeating. Usually it consists of rice, garlic and ground ginger, soy sauce, hot sauce, and eggs. Anything on top of this is bonus! I've added asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and pretty much anything you have leftover in your fridge would work as well.

Yesterday I had some spinach that was almost past its prime and some leftover chicken, so those got added in. I wasn't sure it would be up to its usual standard- I have a funny relationship with cooked spinach and I was worried it would make my rice dish odd. But it was pretty yummy!


The fruit cup is Del Monte Fruit Naturals Peaches. I have come to LOVE these peaches and always pick them over any other fruit we might have in the house :)

No comments: