Collage

Collage

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cheesy Pasta Bake

As part of my quest to try new recipes, the hubs and I tried the Three-Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake from kraftfoods.com. It appealed to me because it didn't take too many ingredients (read: cheap!) and looked to be pretty healthy for a pasta dish. I actually made a few modifications to the dish; I used regular elbow noodles rather than the multi-grain penne noodles called for because its what I had in my pantry. I also used some leftover cooked spinach instead of fresh, and instead of spaghetti sauce (because neither of us are big fans of red tomato sauce) I used Alfredo sauce, but cut back the amount.

The verdict? We liked it! I would say we give it 4 stars out of 5. The hubs thought it was good, but then agreed when I thought it could benefit from adding something, though we weren;t sure what. Maybe more sauce? More cheese? At any rate, it made for a good warm meal. Here's a shot of it before we dug in:


Aaaaaand the beauty shot :)


You may have noticed that I used instagram for these shots. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I thought I would give it a go and see what I think. I am not a fan of the black bar at the top and bottom, but I'm sure there's a way around it.

No comments: