Collage

Collage

Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall Baking

Its finally cooled down in Western New York this weekend, and that got me in the mood to bake! Middle of last week I made some of Courtney's Chewy Chocolate Chip Heath Bar Cookies. They were awesome!


If you haven't checked out Courtney's site before, you really need to get over there. I love all the different recipes she comes up with, and she's a fellow New Yorker!

This weekend I whipped up an apple pie and some banana bread. The pie was for Sunday dinner at my parents. We were celebrating dad's birthday and since he loves any kind of pie I decided on apple, since everyone loves apple pie! It turned out pretty good.


The banana bread was baked out of necessity; normally I use my bananas in a morning smoothie. I was sick this past week though and didn't think consuming dairy based smoothies would be that great for my congestion, so at the end of the week I still had three bananas that were quickly approaching the garbage bin. I make banana bread at least once a month, and this batch was just ok. I may be on the lookout for a new recipe!



No comments: