Collage

Collage

Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Recap and Menu for the Week

This weekend was actually pretty low key, though at times it didn't feel it! With the weather being a true WNY winter, going any where is a big production. Friday one of the hub's friends had a show for his pottery/sculpting, so we drove an hour there and back. Since we were out we stopped to grab some groceries before heading home, which ended up being quite the drive! It took a little longer than normal, but wasn't horrible. The show was great and it was so nice to meet some of the hub's school friends!

Saturday was very low key. I picked up the house while the hubs was at work, and then we spent the rest of the day doing homework/lesson planning, cleaning, watching TV, knitting (me, not him!), video gaming, and generally relaxing. The Sabres lost, which was a bummer, but other than that it was a pretty good day. I could have gotten more done, but I enjoyed not being tied to my to-do list. I did manage to finish the body of my sweater I have been working on though, so that was exciting.

Sunday was pretty normal; church, a stop over at my parents to feed the cat and water the plants, and then a few hours of more laundry, homework, etc. I made some chicken wing dip to take to our little Super Bowl party at the in-laws which turned out pretty good. I wanted to try something new but I already had the ingredients on hand, so it was easy to whip together in the crock pot.

For this week, I'm shooting for healthy but easy. I'm also working on trying one new recipe a week, but if it doesn't happen oh well!

Monday: Stir fry with mushrooms, broccoli, and polska kielbasa
Tuesday: Foil Pack Chicken
Wednesday: Slow Cooker pork
Thursday: Soup (pantry) with Honey Beer Bread
Friday: Leftovers

Nothing crazy or exciting going on this week/weekend, so I don't think I'll need to be making any extra food. I'm also trying to avoid baking because I just don't need the temptation in the house!

No comments: