Collage

Collage

Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Menu Redo?

This weekend was beautiful! Saturday I helped some friends move, and you couldn't have asked for better weather. It was around 50 and not a drop of rain. Sunday proved to be even more beautiful, getting into the mid 50s. The hubs and I took a walk down to Tim Hortons just to soak up the warmth :)


Almost all the snow has melted from our yard now, but the forecast calls for more this week. Lovely.

It turns out that last week's menu wasn't so successful. Some weeks are just like that- unexpected plans come up, we get invited out to dinner, I don't get to grab groceries when I think I will. Last week was one of those week's when we had quite the fail at menu plan executing. Oh well! Nothing spoiled, and I plan to reuse some of the ideas for this week, hence the title :)

I also think I might start including some of my lunch plans with dinner. Tuesdays and Thursdays I pack lunch (and snacks), and the rest of the days I usually eat at home (ah the joys of working 5 minutes from home!) I got thinking that maybe it would keep me accountable to pack healthy and have more organized lunches when I am home, so here goes nothing!

Monday Lunch: Leftover sub and chex mix
Monday Dinner: Fried rice with broccoli, asparagus, and egg

Tuesday Lunch: Leftover pizza with peaches, granola bar, and oreos
Tuesday Dinner: Leftover fried rice

Wednesday Lunch: English muffin Chicken pizza
Wednesday Dinner: Meatball Subs (I'm doing beef rather than chicken) and a veggie side

Thursday Lunch: Easy mac with applesauce, granola bar, and chex mix
Thursday Dinner: Cheddar JalapeƱo Sausages and baked potatoes

Friday Lunch: Avocado Bacon grilled cheese

I did end up making the pie bars this past weekend, but I forgot to photograph them! They were good, but not great. I don't know if I will make them again, but my father (the recipient of most of the pan) enjoyed them. I'm not sure if any baking will happen this week or not. Guess we will see!



No comments: