Collage

Collage

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Crunchy Chicken Salad

I mentioned on Monday that I'm feeling in a bit of a rut with my cooking and meal planning. I think part of it has to do with the fact that it feels like summer is almost over, and I'm ready to move onto Fall foods. Soups, casseroles, homemade bread, and pumpkin everything. Anyway, I was desperate this week to find some interesting food to make for dinner, and I stumbled across a recipe on Pinterest that caught my eye. We don't eat a lot of crazy food here; normally it's simple food with few ingredients that doesn't take a lot of time. This recipe stretched those boundaries, but I'm really glad we gave it a try!


The original recipe can be found here, but I made a few modifications I will share. I omitted the sesame seed, because I didn't have any at home and we don't use it much. I also skipped the peanuts and green onions. I followed the cooking instructions exactly, only when the noodles were done and added to the bowl I added a bit of oil to the pan and cooked up some mushrooms. They soaked up the flavor of the noodle mixture and really added to the dish!


We really enjoyed this recipe, and I hope that if you are feeling a bit adventurous you will give it a go too!


No comments: