Collage

Collage

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The monogamous week

This week I have been knitting on only one project. ONE. Since Camp Loopy is ending right along with August, and that is happening in three days, I decided that if I was going to finish this thing on time that I better bust a move and concentrate. I have made some pretty good progress, and there is a decent chance that I will be binding off before Saturday at midnight.


The colors are a little off- we've had really cloudy weather here this week- but you can see that I am onto the border. Naturally I was in the middle of the row, but at this point the shawl is so large it wouldn't have mattered; I can't get a shot of the whole thing stretched out anyway.

Since the knitting content is a little concentrated this week, I thought I would share some of the items I am planning to cast on soon.

First up is the Gathering Stripes sweater that will be my OWL this term. I plan on starting this on September 1or as close to it as I can. I have wound some Knit Picks Stroll Sport to use for this:


The teal will be the main color with the silvery gray as the contrasting stripes. I wound two skeins together for most of these to keep the number of balls down, and it worked pretty well.

The other big project I have planned to start soon is the Bellevue Cardigan. I have some Knit Picks Comfy fingering all wound and ready for that, which will be a gift for my mom.


I'm pretty excited to be knitting some larger garments. I knit the Dark and Stormy early this year, and it still needs a good block and some buttons. I can't wait til it cools down enough to wear it :)

This post is linked up with Ginny's Yarn Along.

1 comment:

Creative Design said...

Really petty. Following from Yarn Along.

Best,
Sheila
https://www.etsy.com/shop/sheilalikestoknit