Collage

Collage

Sunday, January 4, 2015

My Favorite Cookies

Until a year or two ago, my favorite cookies were chocolate chip. Pretty boring huh? I love cookies and often bake different kinds to take to various parties and events, but if I was just making them for me, chocolate chip was where it was at. Then I ran across a recipe on a favorite blog of mine, and happened to make them. I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, so I omitted a few things and changed up a few amounts. The result became the hands down the favorite in our house (the hubs is also a big fan) and I have a few friends who will request these too! Best part is they're flourless, so I like to think they are healthier than other cookies!

I originally founds the recipe on Courtney's blog, Sweet Tooth Sweet Life. If you haven't read her blog before, go check it out! I love how down to earth she is and I feel like I'm catching up with a friend when I read her posts. You can find her recipe here, but this is how I change it up.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cups peanut butter (my personal fave is Peter Pan Honey Roast!)
3 eggs
2 tbsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips (if you like a lot of chocolate chips, add more!)
4.25-4.5 cups of quick cooking oats (sometimes 4.5 cups seems like too many!) start with 4 cups and see how it mixes

Start by beating the butter and sugars together, then add ingredients in order. Bake for 9-11 minutes on a cookie sheets in a 350 degree oven. Cool and transfer to a cooling rack or plate. EAT!

These easy to make and always go over well. The hubs actually likes them better the next day, so they definitely keep well too.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Thank you for posting to Motivation Monday!