Collage

Collage

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Finishing up a storm

With all the homework hubby has had this week, we've spent the past few nights up in our office, him working away on homework, leaving me to do whatever I wish. His only request is that I hang out with him in there. So I've been knitting, listening to podcasts and audiobooks, and reading. Here are the fruits of my labor:


This is a terrible picture, but on top of the rainy weather we're having a hat is a hard thing to photograph without a head to put it on. You'll just have to use your imagination!


If your keeping track this is number 4 of 30 mini socks. Yes, I'm a bit behind schedule. I plan to spend today and tomorrow knitting nothing but the mini socks to try and get to 6 by the end of the month.

I've been thinking a lot of Christmas and gift knitting. I totally blame BJs because they had a Christmas decorations aisle already when I was there last weekend. Anyway, I have 1-2 medium sized gifts I'm planning to make and give for Christmas this year. But I got this crazy idea to make mini sweaters with initials on them for people this year. They would work great as decorations for my nieces gifts and equally as well for gift cards to my siblings in law who live out of state. This could mean between 14-24 mini sweaters. Is this crazy? Or ingenious? I have yet to figure it out :)

No comments: