Collage

Collage

Friday, September 30, 2011

Finishing more than knitting

For once this whole post isn't going to be about knitting (although there is just a little). I finished a book over the weekend and thought i would share it. If you remember back I had started the Faerie Wars series by Herbie Brennan. I just finished the second book and since I took the third out from the library (for whatever reason they offer number 1, 2, 4, and 5 digitally but not 3) it is still holding my interest. Overall I give this series a 3.5 out of 5. Its not stellar, but it is fairly interesting, the characters are likable, and the plot is believable while still interesting. I'm hoping to start the third book soon!

I also finished reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets with me read-along group, so I'll be moving on to Prisoner of Azkaban in a few weeks. While I wait I'm going to finish the Katie Couric book I had started a while ago.

And (since it wouldn't be a post without some knitting) I finished another mini sock! I've been trying to crank out these bad boys right fast and in a hurry since I'm a little behind. This is number five our of thirty, and with any luck number six will be finished tonight.

No comments: