Collage

Collage

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I need a plan


September is one of those months that is associated with new routines. Kids go back to school, summer hours change to winter hours, and around here fall sets in and summer fades away. I don't know if I've blogged about it much, but I'm on a self imposed yarn diet until Rhinebeck in October. I've done really well- its been over a month and not so much as a skein! I've been planning my projects from stash yarn and its a nice feeling knowing that I'm making room for more yarn and finally using up yarns I've had for a while. This month I started on my quest to make a mini stocking garland. I'm using my stash of Sunshine Yarns Classic sock in the Harry Potter colorways I have accumulated. This will be a semi-long term project- once I get my needles I ordered (Hey! Needles aren't yarn! And I NEEDED them!) I am aiming for a mini sock every 2-3 days. I have plans for 4 projects for classes this month: a Shalom sweater that doesn't have a class assignment yet, a bookmark for Muggle Studies, a redo on my Hermione Hat for CoMC, and a Crochet square for DADA. Yes, I said crochet. I actually managed to do more than a straight line! I think that might get its own post though :) With the weather cooling down, in addition to these I will begin work again on the blanket I started for my hubby last year. Its gotten rather large and I plan on crocheting until I run out of yarn!

No comments: