Collage

Collage

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Baby knits are taking over...

You may have noticed that I have been knitting a lot of baby items. They are small, quick, and usually best in workhorse yarns, so they have been great for my current notsomuchknittingtime state. I have a few deadlines that fall right before my Thanksgiving break, so I don't see myself getting a lot of time to do much knitting before then. I was pleased to that I was able to finish up a few items that I have been working on for the last week or so though.

First up is the boy baby socks. I knit these out of some Bernat baby yarn, and I really like how the colors turned out on the socks. However, I am a dunce and didn't count my rows on the first sock, so I just held up the second to the first for the length of the cuff and foot. Well, that plan didn't work out so well. If you hold them up you can tell that the second sock is about 1 row short in the foot as well as in the cuff.
You can't really tell from this photo, but I'm not really sure what to do. I was going to add these to the pile of babyitemsforwhichIhaveagrandplan, but I don't know if it matters that they aren't exactly the same size.

The second thing I finished was another baby hat using the same yarn I used on the last one. I LOVE this pattern; it has definitely become my go to pattern.
Sorry for the sideways photo. The colors are a little bright since this is a flash photo, but I really love these. One is going in the box to be saved for when we have little guys that this will fit, and the other is joining the aforementioned pile.

After I finished these two items I decided to reward myself with a cast on, the Daybreak shawl by Stephen West. I have wanted to make this shawl for years, and finally picked out the yarn a few months ago.
Here is the small start to my shawl. The yarn is Malabrigo Sock in Impressionist Sky, and I will be adding the Turner colorway in for the stripes. This is fairly mindless knitting right now so it has been good for zoning out at night while watching TV.

No comments: