Collage

Collage

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I always love sharing my knitting on the blog. Not only does it keep me accountable to work on all my projects and finish in a timely manner, it also feels good to share something you made with the world. Or at least the small section of it that reads my blog :)

This week I finished the baby sweater I have been working on. 


This sweet little cardigan is a DROPS pattern, and I was pretty happy with it. I decided to do the 1-3 month size. I think my stitch counts got a bit wonky at the lace section, but it ended up working out and I wasn't too worried about it. I used Loops and Threads Snuggly Wuggly Baby Sport  and I was pretty pleased with it for an acrylic. It was a bit rough when working with it, but the finished product is nice and soft. Perfect for a baby!

The other project going on my needles right now is a pair of socks.


I had hoped to have these done by the end of the month, but a few days ago I realized that only one of these projects was going to get finished, so I worked on the baby cardigan more. Still, I've only had these on the needles for 2 1/2 weeks, so that's not bad progress. 

As far as reading goes, we finished reading Multiply as a staff here at work. It was a pretty good book, but definitely meant to be read with application to a mentor relationship. Still a good read though. I'm more than halfway through Artemis Fowl and the Arctic Incident, and still working away on A Letter of Mary. I hope to sit down with Young House Love this week and make more progress on that book. I want to find a way to save the projects in there I see myself doing in the near future but I'm not sure the best way to do that. Maybe an iPhone photo uploaded to Pinterest?

This post is linked up with Ginny's Yarn Along.

No comments: