Collage

Collage

Monday, January 21, 2013

A Little Bit of Everything

I hope you all had a great weekend! Our was nice- Saturday I worked and then we had dinner and movie/XBOX time with friends. Sunday was church, the Sabres game at Mom & Dads (GO SABRES!) and a visit to the in-laws and Grandma's. Quite a full day, but it was nice to see a lot of family and relax. I can't tell you how great it feels to not have to run home and do 2 hours of homework! The condensed J-term class was great in that it was over with in 2 weeks, but boy was it a lot of work!

I hope wherever you are you are keeping warm. Here's what the forecast looks like for us this week:


Fun times, right? NOT.

Anyway, I'm afraid my menu planning might be a little boring this week. The other day I realized we have too much stuff in our pantry and freezer. I mentioned this last week, but this week I'm going to try to make recipes that I have more than half of the ingredients for already. This might mean that we will be eating plainer than usual, but I know I'll feel better when my pantry and freezer are a little more cleaned out.

Monday: Leftovers (lasagna, quick cheesy italian bread, and tuna helper)
Tuesday:Venison and potatoes in the slow cooker?
Wednesday: Quiche with mushrooms and broccoli
Thursday: Order in- Chicken wings and a sub
Friday: Leftovers and a get together

Starting next week we will be back to school, which means packing lunches. I'm starting to amass a Pinterest board with lunch ideas but its hard finding stuff that doesn't mean buying a whole bunch of stuff we don't normally. What do you do when you pack lunch?




No comments: