Collage

Collage

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Crab Dip Recipe

So remember back here when I mentioned that I was going to make a crab dip recipe? Well, I did it! However it took me a week to put it up here, and I totally forgot to take a photo. Fail. Anyway, here is the recipe. If I make it again soon I will show a picture, though to be honest its not one of those dishes where the photo sells the recipe. This is a creamy, yummy thick crab dip perfect for parties and appetzers :)

Crab Dip

1 8oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/2 cup sour cream
2 6oz cans of crab meat plus 1 tbsp reserved liquid
1 pkg onion soup and dip mix
1/2 cup shredded cheese (something creamy like mozarella works great) divided
1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp lemon juice

Mix the cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream together. Add the rest of the ingredients except for 1/4 cup of shredded cheese in and allow to chill in the fridge for at least an hour (I found that this left the crab flavor really develop). When ready to serve, remove from the fridge and top with remaining cheese. Bake in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes, until bubbly and warmed through.

If desired you could sub light or fat free ingredients for the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, and cheeses, however it may alter the final product.

I hope you guys try this great dip out! We just ended up using crackers to eat it with, but I think this would be great with veggies or bread cubes as well.

No comments: