Collage

Collage

Thursday, January 10, 2013

eBags

If you have been following the blog for a little while you know I went back to school this fall. I only took two classes, to kind of ease my way back into things. One of the classes I took was Critical Reading, and our textbook weighed 4 pounds.


I was just using one of my spare tote bags to carry my books in, and this book made it awkward.

It was narrower and shorter than regular paper, but about 4 inches thick. Plus, with one textbook weighing 4 pounds, you can imagine by the time I added in the rest of my books, folders, and personal items my bag was getting pretty heavy on my shoulder.

This semester, I am going full time to graduate in May! While I'm excited to graduate, I realized I needed to rethink the bag situation. First I tried to look at my schedule and see if I could leave some books in may car and make trips back and forth. That seemed a little ridiculous to me, plus I didn't want to be walking all around campus between classes in the winter weather wasting time I could be doing homework. I looked around the house to see if I had any sturdier bags I could use, but unfortunately I came up empty.

One day I did a search for college backpacks and ebags.com popped up. I had heard of them before, but never shopped at their website. They seemed to have comparable prices to amazon, so I searched around and after a while I cam up with about 6 bags I could live with. I got the hubs opinion and eventually went with one of the more expensive bags, a Dakine Campus Pack.


Its been years since I owned a proper back pack, but I really like this one even if it is a little manly. The front small pocket is actually insulated, so I can pack my lunch in it and not have to carry a separate lunch container. The next pocket toward the back is an organizer for all the small stuff like electronics, pens and pencils, and whatever else I might have. The next one back is actually a fleece lined sunglasses pouch, which I'm not too sure about yet. I wear sunglasses, but I'm not sure how well they will hold up in the back pack. Lastly the large pocket against your back is roomy with a sleeve for my laptop.

The bonus? After it came in the mail, the hubs decided he liked it too. Since he will most likely be in school next fall, I told him he could use it :) So while this book bag was pricier than others, it looks like we will get a lot of use out of it.

If you haven't checked out ebags selection of book bags, purses, totes, and luggage I highly suggest you do. They have a rewards program that looks pretty useful too, so the next time I need a new bag I know where I will head first!

No comments: