Collage

Collage

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Quest for Cookie Dough Dip

I've heard of this idea for a while now- cookie dough MADE for eating. Sounds awesome, right? My husband is notorious for eating cookie dough out of my mixing bowl (and even known to buy a container of store bought dough just for eating) so I knew I had to try this out.

Problem was, I wasn't really finding recipes that seemed cookie dough-ish. Most of them used cream cheese as a base, and seemed more like cream cheese frosting than a dip. Afer a few weeks of randomly looking at recipes, I finally decided to try one of these cream cheese based ones. Maybe I would be wrong.


I made the dip a few days ago, and I'm happy to report that it is tasty. We left out the pecans (we aren't big nut fans) but I added in some peanut butter. However, they are pretty much cream cheese frosting with brown sugar and chocolate chips. It didn't really feel like I was eating cookie dough, which was disappointing.

So, I am on a quest. I want to find a recipe that has the texture and taste of real cookie dough. And if I can't find one? Well I might just have to make one myself :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps a vegan cookie dough recipe? That way it actually is cookie dough, but no risk of being sick from eating raw egg?

Kanobles said...

Oh that's not a bad idea! Thanks Trish!