Collage

Collage

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Whew! Hard to believe it is already Wednesday, and at the same time I feel like it should be Friday already. Know what I mean? We started our crazy, back to school/starting student teaching/plus work schedule this week and while it's not bad, it's not great either. It's hard to adjust to getting up so much earlier and not having as much time at night to get stuff done. I know it will all feel "normal" soon enough, and until then we'll just keep moving along!

I worked on four of my works in progress this week! First, the one that has been on the needles the longest, the gray socks.


These are the Mr. Pitt socks and are being knit out of Lang Yarns Jawoll. Since they have been carry along knitting they didn't see much action around the holidays. Now I have a good amount of travel/away knitting time, so they got worked on yesterday between classes. My hope is to finish these in February. I really want to knit some stripey socks for me but I have to finish these first!

Next, continuing in cast-on order, is my Dark and Stormy Sweater. This is coming along nicely, but will probably only see work on the weekends. 


I'm almost to the bottom ribbing, and then the body will be done! I can't wait.

That brings us to my Ancient Runes scarf. I am still loving working on this!


This angle makes it a little hard to see the pattern, but it is the Drop Stitch Scarf. I'm worried I wont finish this in time for the KAL in the Sunshine Yarns group, but I may switch it to a circular needle and throw it in my bag next week to take to school. 

Last is the blanket I started for a friend's mom. I love the colors in this!


Its just a simple crochet blanket with 4 shades of purple and a few other colors broken up by black. This is too big to carry anywhere now, but it is so simple I can work on it at 6:30am on non-school days when the sweater is too complicated for my not-enough-coffee-yet state :)

I'm participating in Yarn Along with Ginny with this post. Check out her blog!

No comments: