Collage

Collage

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Even more baby knitting this week! I feel like I am going to be knitting a lot of baby stuff for the foreseeable future. I know a few more people who are having babies this year and since the hubs and I plan on having kids sometime in the next few years I don't think it's crazy to knit a few things to put away. Plus everything is so small, quick, and mostly portable its hard not to want to keep knitting more!

This week I finished (and gifted) a baby hat to go along with the bibs I finished.
Isn't this adorable!? I LOVE this hat pattern and asked the hubs if it would be strange I made one in a bunch of colors to save for our kids. Good man that he is, he said it was practical :)

I like this pattern so much that I started another one for another baby shower later this month. The colors are off on this photo- the green is much more of a spring green than the pea green color it is turning out in this photo.
I'm brainstorming other small, gender neutral items I could knit up in the next week or so using stash yarn to go with this hat. What are your favorite baby knits?

I'm excited to be reading some non-school stuff this week! In an effort not to lose my mind before graduation, I decided I needed to take a little time for myself and read for fun every so often. I came back to a book I had started a few months ago, The Murder Room.


It's pretty interesting, though not what I was expecting when I first picked it up. I'm reading it on my Nook on a loaded eBook from the library. This is becoming a great way to get new books!

This post is linked up with Ginny's Yarn Along

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute baby hat! What about matching baby booties?

vampire_wolf said...

Looks like a good knit, and an interesting book.

Anna said...

Those hats are so adorable. I might have to see if I can find a similar pattern - they would be great to donate - what mama wouldn't love seeing a hat like that on her newborn? Adorable!

Kanobles said...

Lea- I have never had success with booties :/ I may try again, or maybe just baby socks???

Anna- the pattern I used is the Magic Coffee Baby Hat and it has several sizes :)