Collage

Collage

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I actually have a lot of knitting to share with you this week. April was the month of showers for me- I had two bridal and two baby showers I attended! The second baby shower was Saturday and that's what most of my knitting was for.

Mom and baby got:


And another hat. I think this one if my favorite- the multi color stripes are adorable! It sort of reminds me of an Easter egg :)

The couple isn't finding out the gender before the baby is born, so I tried to keep everything neutral. The second hat might be a tad girly, but honestly most of the baby appropriate yarn I have is very one way or the other. The mom-to-be was delighted with the hand knits though so that's all that matters!

I only have two projects on the needles, and its going to stay that way until the end of the month. First is the pair of stripey socks I'm still plugging away on:
This is an old picture of the first sock, but its about how far I am on the second sock so it works :)

The other project is going to be a gift, and I'm pretty happy with how it is turning out:
At first I was worried because it takes a few inches before the ruffles really start to look normal, but I think the more I knit the better it will look. That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

I also finished two books this week, one school related and one not. The school one wasn't too bad a read- its a source for one of my research papers.



The other one was more enjoyable though :) I started this book a few months back and only read a few chapters before the ebook went back to the library. I checked it out again a few weeks ago and made sure I finished it this time!



I was a little disappointed at first- I was expecting more of a Sherlock Holmes-esque feel to it. Nevertheless, the story was good and kept you interested with multiple characters. If you like crime solving, this might be a good book for you!

This post is linked up with Ginny's Yarn Along

2 comments:

karen said...

love all the projects and how nice that babies to be are getting hand made gifts! Love the ruffle project :)

Kanobles said...

I love knitting for babies! Small projects, adorable results :)