Collage

Collage

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pinterest Finds on a Saturday

Yesterday was a bit of a crazy day, with work, dinner, shipping the hubs off to Annual Training, and then menu planning with Sara, who is my dinner buddy for next week! Our husbands wont be around for dinners during the week, so we decided that instead of trying to cook for one (or having freezer meals all week) we would just make our meals together! I'll share our menu on Monday :)

Anyway, I have some great pins for you this week!

We are big fans of banana bread in our house, but sometimes I get bored of making loaf after loaf. Enter banana bread pancakes!

Cinnamon buns are a guilty pleasure of mine. If I am having a bad day, sometimes all I need is a Tim Hortons glazed cinnamon roll. I don't appreciate the calorie counts on those bad boys though! Which is why I'm glad I found this recipe for mini (no yeast) cinnamon buns!

Carrot cake isn't one of my favorites- actually cake in general is not high on my favorite desserts list. However, this recipe for Magic Carrot Cake Bars sounds so good I can't wait to have the occasion to try it!

Ok, so this next recipe is a sneak peak into my special menu for next week. I don't eat much McDonalds, but about once a year I get a Big Mac just for the sake of it. I was really excited to find this recipe for an at home version that is better for you!

This next pin is something that marries two of my favorite savory ingredients: mushrooms and pesto. This Four Mushroom Pesto Pizza looks like something that would jazz up the usual pizza night!

And that's it for this week! I'm off to a family wedding, then celebrating Father's Day tomorrow with my Dad (who else?) 

No comments: