Collage

Collage

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WIP Wednesday and Chopped Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing

I don't have a lot of knitting to share with you, mostly because the blanket it getting large enough that progress doesn't show well, and the only other thing I have worked on is this sweater for Diesel. 


It is hard to tell from this photo, but I just made the little holes for his front legs, so its coming along nicely. 

While this post is pretty light on the knitting content, I wanted to share my dinner with you, as promised. In case you missed my post on Monday, my friend Sara and I are making dinners and eating together this week since both our husbands are MIA. Last night's menu was chopped salad (loosely based on this recipe) and avocado ranch dressing. We also made mini fruit pizzas with cream cheese frosting.

Sara mixed up the dough for the cookies while I started chopping veggies for our salads.



Then she moved onto chopping the fruit for the pizzas while the cookies baked in the oven.

 


The dressing was super simple to make- just throw all the ingredients in the blender and let er rip! We ended up adding more avocado as the recipe only called for 1/2 of an avocado and we didn't want to waste the other half. Plus we really like avocado :)


The finished salads were amazing. Instead of making these a true chopped salad where everything, including the dressing, gets thrown into the bowl, we assembled on our plates so that we could keep leftovers easier. Here is my salad- SO yummy! We added goat cheese to our salads because 1. every salad needs cheese and 2. Sara had never had goat cheese before! It was a great addition.


After we had eaten our salads (and watched the beginning of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) we assembled our mini fruit pizzas. I think they turned out great!


We actually ended up taking dessert up to Sara's parents house because we were celebrating Sara's mom's birthday, so this big cookie is her birthday treat!


 After the birthday celebration Sara and I headed back to her house to finish watching Harry Potter (we didn't end up finishing it, but we will tonight!) and we picked up Diesel on the way. This is Ruger (Sara's dog) and Diesel sharing a water dish. They are best friends! Most of the time anyway ;)


The whole meal was a success, but the dressing definitely took the cake for me, with the cookies coming in a close second. Tonight's meal is shredded chicken tacos, so watch for a recap tomorrow!

This post is linked up with Ginny's Yarn Along

No comments: