Collage

Collage

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Easy Bean and Cous Cous Salad

Sara came over for dinner last night and we had an amazing, healthy meal. Seriously, it was so simple, but we couldn't stop shoveling it in! I want to share the recipe with you, but bear with me because I kinda just threw stuff together last night.


Ingredients:

1 5.8 oz pkg cous cous, cooked to package directions and cooled ( I used Near East Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil. Feel free to buy in bulk and cook accordingly!)
1 can black beans
1 can garbanzo beans
2oz feta cheese
1/2 cucumber, quartered and sliced
fresh parsley
salt
papper

Vinaigrette Ingredients:

1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil

Mix all salad ingredients together. Whisk vinaigrette ingredients and pour 3/4 over the salad. Just before serving pour the rest of the vinaigrette on the salad (it gets absorbed and I like to have a bit of it coating the salad!).

This was awesome served alongside our grilled chicken, but I can see it going with just about anything! I think it would be great with a lot of other veggies thrown in (especially tomatoes).

 Excuse the blurry iPhone pic!

Since we ate such a healthy meal, we of course needed some dessert. Enter Sally's S'more Cookie Bars.  These were ah-maz-ing. Seriously. It took a lot of control not to eat half the pan last night.


When (notice I said when, not if?) I make these again, I think I will make more of the cookie dough part. Sally says there wont be enough to cover the top completely, but it was my favorite part of the cookies so I think I want a full layer. 

No comments: